Follow me as I journey through the great unknown that is Korea.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Letterman Impersonation

As the events of my life last night were quite inconsequential, here are the top 10 things that I've had to adapt to since being in Korea:

10. The Humidity- If it wasn't for all the food and beer I've been cramming into my mouth I'd have sweated off 10 pounds by now.

9. Squat Crappers- Not reccommended if you have DADS (Day After Drinking Shits).

8. The lack of clear sunny days- We take that for granted in Edmonton.

7. Freaky-Ass Bugs- I saw a bug yesterday that looked like a mosquito that got into Barry Bonds' Clear & Cream stash.

6. Locusts- Similar to #7 but these things are everywhere and super loud and annoying.

5. Going for a nibble- I've resorted to pointing at an item on the menu and hoping for the best. One of these days I promise that I will start to learn what some of the stuff I am eating actually is. No wait, maybe I don't want to know.

4. Lack of English T.V. stations- Right now I am surviving on Korean baseball and the BBC (not too bad but they repeat their stories every hour).

3. The pointing and staring- Although it doesn't bother me now, I am sure that at some point this year I will snap and lose it on some poor fascinated Korean.

2. Cold showers- Apparently a hot shower here is the equivalent to winning an all-expenses paid trip to Vegas.

1. KOREANS AREN'T NEARLY AS COOL AS CANADIANS. NUFF SAID!

Ronnie over and out.

5 Comments:

Blogger iris said...

Ron, come on. Canadians are the coolest people in the freaking world. You don't have to state the obvious.

1:42 PM

 
Blogger p said...

is ron captain obvious?

i've never met a super hero

2:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the English TV shows, ask your boss (if he/she is paying for your apartment) for cable connection. we get tons of American shows and movies on cable TV in Korea. As for hot shower, check your boiler system at home there should be a temperature control button.

2:59 AM

 
Blogger p said...

hey along,
fancy running into you here.
what part of korea are you in again?

5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Canadians are the coolest people. That's what we DO. We have two international monikers: "The Nicest, Coolest People In The World".

It's the trade-off for not being a superpower... plus we lost the "World's Greatest Lovers" title to the French in a poker game.....

8:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home