Follow me as I journey through the great unknown that is Korea.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Awakening

Yesterday I called my friend Erin in Busan to see how her weekend was going. She told me that she was having a very rough day on account of her uncle had just died of a heart attack back home. She said that not only was it horribly sad but that she felt bad that she would not be able to attend the funeral.

It was at that moment that I realized for the first time since being here that I am helpless to anything that happens back home. I always just assumed that when I got back home that everything would be exactly the same and that I would just slide back into my everyday life.

I realize now that while thinking that way will create a little bubble of invincibility around myself, but guess what; life happens.

I just hope that I don't have to go through what Erin is going through right now. To all my friends and family, please be safe and healthy.

Ronnie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will, if you will. We feel the asme here at home.

Love.

1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home