Follow me as I journey through the great unknown that is Korea.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lost in Translation

So I go to get a haircut today with my buddy Seth and while we are sitting across from each other he says "Why don't you get some highlights put in, they're really cheap". Now how can you argue with that? So I say "Highlighte" in my most convincing LKorean voice to the hairdresser and she brings me the universal photo book with all the different hair styles.

So I picked out a cross between "Frosted" and "Streaked" and she goes to work on my doo. 45 minutes later she washes my hair and shows me my new head of hair. Something got mixed up between me pointing at the picture and her taking off the towel. Apparently "highlights" are the same as "bleach blonde" on 95%m of your hair. As if I don't stick out enough already, I've got to look like an albino in Korea.

So if you are looking for a laugh, check out my flicker site in the next couple of weeks. You may just be able to spot the albino in the picture. For those of you who don't know the address, check my last post. I will also be posting some really good pics of me and some of the other foreign teachers out on the town.

So I'm going for the 3-peat tonight in the Cheonan Massiive Pool Tournament. I'll lret you know how that turns out.

So... goodbye

SoCool

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it whenever you're away from home you do something funky to your hair? You came back bald when you went to Windsor and now this!

Don't you like the hair I gave you?

8:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home