Follow me as I journey through the great unknown that is Korea.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Home Cookin'

I have to be totally honest with you; I LOVE living in Korea. It's not like everyday is a super exciting day with all sorts of amazing adventures, but I have settled into a nice interesting groove here. I have a lot of friends to hang out with, I organize two of the special nights here (pool night and poker night), and I am always busy doing fun stuff.

Having said all that, there is nothing I enjoy more than hearing voices from back home. Last night I got to have a conversation on my cell phone with my friends Jarod and Iris, both of whom I haven't spoken to since I've been here. Being able to talk to them about my life here and listening to what's going on in their lives back home, really made my month.

The foreigners that I've met since I've been here are, by and large, smart interesting people that I truly get along with. But... they are not my friends from back home. There is NO substitute for your friends back home!

So even though I am over the homesickness phase of my adventure, I just want to let everybody know that if you are wondering if I might appreciate a call from you at 4am in the morning, the answer will always be a resounding YES!

Ronnie out!

4 Comments:

Blogger iris said...

Oh RBA, I missed the sound of your drunken slurring! It was great hearing your voice, and it was even better to make fun of Jarod with you. Good times, good times!

11:56 AM

 
Blogger iris said...

Don't be jealous Shadi. Our voices are just sexier on international calls.

12:34 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie A said...

Shadi, I blogged about Iris and Jarod calling because it was such a surprise. I mean, I EXPECT my REAL friends to call.

4:02 PM

 
Blogger iris said...

That's cool Ron. I see how it is. Shadi is a REAL friend. You big jerk!

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home