Follow me as I journey through the great unknown that is Korea.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Where in the World is Ronald Atcheson?

I have never been big on Christmas. Sales in November, busy streets, and incessant commercials about giving your loved one the perfect gift. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying "Bah Humbug" to the whole season. I actually really like Chrsitmas day, especially the part about being around your family and friends. I have always just been less than ecstatic with the over-hyped lead up to Christmas Day.

The reason that I am telling you this is because there is hardly any hint of Christmas in the air here in Cheonan. No Christmas blowouts, no decorations being thrown in my face, and no repetitive Canadian Tire commercials on the TV. You'd think that I would be happy with this turn of events.

Sadly, the other day I was in a store in the mall across the street and "the Little Drummer Boy" was playing in the background. Up until then I had not thought once about the fact that I will not be home for Christmas this year. I had to escape the store, and it's possible I had a single tear rolling down my cheek.

I didn't know what the hell was going on. Did I actually miss all of the hype that surrounds everyone's favorite holiday. I don't kniow for sure, but I would give anything for a Canadian Tire commercial right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger iris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:07 PM

 
Blogger iris said...

Oh Ron, you would not feel that way if you were being inundated with Christmas crap.

I am sure you will have a wonderful Korean Christmas.

3:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, i was just in cheonan and there is christmas everywhere...

6:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home